The Rutgers Summer Acting Conservatory (RSAC)
July 1-July 29, 2018
An unparalleled conservatory training for young people serious about acting, RSAC is a highly selective, four-week conservatory acting program that accepts only 38 high school students from across the country. All conservatory faculty are working theater professionals dedicated to providing students with a challenging, inspiring learning environment that allows each student to develop as a young theater artist.
- Apply to the RSAC Musical Theater Track! Want to be a triple threat? RSAC’s newest program of study is open to only 12 to 14 talented students who will study our celebrated acting technique with equal focus on singing and dancing. Experienced Broadway professionals will offer unique classes and rigorous training to challenge students.
- Special Seminars–Visits from Broadway, TV and film actors.
- Intensive Workshops–Specialized guest artists will conduct workshops over a series of evenings. Each workshop will present an informal presentation that will be professionally videotaped. Past workshops: Mask Making, Mime, and Stage Combat.
- Students also take classes in Theater History, Theater Appreciation, and Stage Craft.
- Broadway Shows–Students see major NYC productions. Formal discussion and analysis of all shows.
- Students receive a private video link of the final showcase production which is professionally recorded and edited.
- Cultural field trips–Students visit legendary cultural institutions, including Radio City Music Hall, Lincoln Center and several museums. All field trips are structured events and will be chaperoned by conservatory staff.
- College life–Catch a preview of living on the campus of a major state university.
- College credit–Three credits optional (additional cost).