An audition is required of all prospective Rutgers Summer Acting Conservatory Participants. In-person (live) and video audition options are available. A non-refundable audition fee of $55 is required. Please click here to pay your registration fee.
- Acting Track: 2 contrasting monologues, no longer than four minutes total, and a 15-minute interview at the end.
- Musical Theater Track: 1 monologue, no longer than 2 minutes, a FULL song and 15-minute interview at the end.
- Essay: Why do you want to be an actor? What are your goals as an actor and how will attending the RSAC program help you attain those goals?
- Recommendation Letters:
- ALL STUDENTS (Acting & Musical Theater) need 1 recommendation from an acting teacher, acting coach or drama club supervisor who has worked with them for at least a year.
- Musical Theater students need 1 recommendation from a dance teacher who has worked with them for at least a year.
For those that live outside the tri-state area, virtual and video auditions are also accepted. You can e-mail your video audition to the program’s Associate Director Jade Cintron or you may mail your video to the following address:
Rutgers Summer Acting Conservatory
Rehearsal Hall, Room 101
85 George Street,
New Brunswick, NJ 08901